Create a technical improvement plan given limited information.
An application that you've just assumed complete responsibility for is used for finding locations that sell widgets near a given user. This application has an integration with an external system that lets users filter the results by their favorite widgets. User complaints have come in, saying the system:
- Is slow looking up nearby widgets
- Doesn't provide user feedback when importing favorite widgets
The task is to plan out priorities for technical improvement for this application, given the following context:
- A team is in place to implement changes
- The metrics below are all that are currently captured for the application
- Assume a 6-week period with multiple deploy windows to improve the application
|Web Transactions||App server time|
Appendix B - transaction trace for LocationController#find
|Category||Segment||% Time||Avg calls (per txn)||Avg time (ms)|
|Database||Postgres DBRepo.FindByZip Query||41.9||6||45|
|Database||Postgres DBRepo.LookupZip QueryRow||7.9||12||4.24|
|Database||Postgres DBRepo.FindUser Query||0.62||0.997||4.05|
Write your plan in under 600 words, and store as a plain text file.